Don’t know what to have prepared?
Wish you had a checklist?
Here’s your tool kit:
1. Log Line: You have to be able to describe your book in one sentence.
2. Query: Use a three paragraph structure 1) why you’re querying this agent, log line, genre and word count 2) short ‘back cover copy-style’ paragraph 3) author bio (hint: it’s okay to call yourself a debut)–and make sure you have a finished manuscript!
3. 1 Page Synopsis: Make sure you have a short synopsis handy for when the requests start to roll in.
4. 3 Page Synopsis: Make sure you have a long synopsis handy. Some agents like short & some long. Make sure you have both handy so you don’t have to delay sending your manuscript when an agent requests it.
5. Critique Partner: I hope you have one before this point…
View original post 122 more words